We celebrated Baby's birthday this week! I can't believe he's already one!!! This last year really flew by! They weren't lying when they told me the second child grows us twice as fast! ;)
He is such a sweetheart though! He's a crawler and a climber. He's almost walking! Even at the doctor's this week, he was so excited to see how close he was! :) He's healthy and strong, and still growing as good as ever. He is the happiest baby and always has a smile for everyone! (Though he's starting to get a little less so. bummer). He's getting to be wild and crazy like his brother, but he is still a total cuddle bug! After waking up in the morning or after naps, or before he goes to bed at night, he has to be held for at least half an hour, or else he cries. I really don't mind! I hope he always stays like that. He has a few words, and is very good at communicating what he wants. He HATES it when someone takes away whatever he is playing with, especially if it's something he's not supposed to have. heehee. He LOVEs his big brother and loves to play with him! They are constantly giggling and laughing. As well as often crying and beating each other up. I guess it comes with the territory. He loves to eat! And will eat, or rather scarf down, anything we give him. If anyone has a treat he comes running for a bite of his own. He sleeps wonderfully! and he has 6 teeth going on 8. (poor guy). He's so brave and tough, and never cries long after getting hurt. (Mostly he just likes to cuddle after). He loves to go outside, and be in the middle of whatever is going on.
That's all kind of random, but that's our baby! :)
Happy Birthday little guy! We sure love you and are glad you are in our family!
Way to survive your first year! teehee. ;)
I wanted to have a biggish party and have all the family over for his birthday party, but it was a crazy weekend with not a lot of advanced planning. (No matter how hard I try to think about what I want to do, get someone, etc, I can't plan anything in advance. I always seem to get my ideas the day before, or the day of, and then it's almost too late.) Anyway, so it was just us, and we had a good time.
We made a little cake for him and the hubby decorated it as a VW bus. I think it turned out really cute!
of course Hike was there to help... eat the sprinkles!

Hike enjoyed the candle...
We wrote Happy Day on the big cake. Kind of boring, but it tasted so good! Do you like how everything is pink for a boy?!? I was craving cherry frosting, and well, I'm sure he didn't mind. ;)
and of course Hike couldn't help but be the bigger brother, there to help whenever there is something sweet to eat!
Totally normal! They do everything together. :)
"Where'd he go?" Can you see him in the background?
"There he is!" :)Hike's first big face plant bite got frosting up his nose. When we told him to blow it out, he sucked it in. gross. When we gave him a bath I squeezed a LOT of frosting out of there. lol.

Baby was a little hesitant about digging in, so daddy helped a little...
Hunter, "Haha! that was cool."
Jackson, "ug. what a mess."
All in all it was a fun day, and a fantastic year! :)
We love you Baby!

3 comments:
He is soooo cute! Happy Birthday little baby J.
hahaha! Happy Birthday....by the way. I think I might have missed something here. When did Hunter become "Hike". I apparently missed that story.
Much Love!
Diane! How cute - I also can't believe he's a year, and yes, the second grows so fast!!
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. :)