Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summer


You can always tell when summer is almost over: you're not busy anymore!

I always go into summer thinking I'll have all the time in the world to do so many things... haha. That never happens. Instead things pick up a million miles an hour and you don't have time for anything! But now the visitors have all gone home. There are no more trips or adventures planned (at least not for a while), no more parties, family reunions over in a flash, tans nicely set in, hair bleached to a golden brown, and the sound of crickets and sprinklers fill your house in the evening as you open your windows wide to that cool August air.

I love summer. But even more than summer, I LOVE Fall!!! I think it's the coziest season. Where you can sit back on your porch at night reminiscing on all those fun adventures you had over the summer, you can start wearing sweaters again, cuddle in a blanket with a nice book and a cup of hot coco, life starts to slow as the leaves and the sky change colors and the world gets ready for that first snow fall.

*****
Now that time seems like something real again, I am jumping on my to-do list full force! It's such a great feeling to get things done. Things that have been nagging and whispering at you in your sleep... at least for me anyway.

One of those things is to document my summer fun. Though that is not something to be done all at once. But until I get those posts written, here is my summary of summer. In photos. :)










Ok, so most of those photos are from our Bear Lake trip last week, but that is always such a big part of our summer.

last two photos courtesy of the hub. Great shots babe! ;)



Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. :)