Monday, November 21, 2011

Hubby had a birthday, shout Hooray!

Yup! That's right! The sweet wonderful hubby recently had a birthday! :) It was a special day for us all. ;) Ok, he really doesn't like his birthday, and doesn't really like to make a big deal out of it. But I do. Though I try to tone it down for his sake. Ok, more like I just can't get everything done that I want to do for him, so it's not as big of a deal as I'd hoped, but I think he still enjoyed it. :)

We had a scrumptious meal from Cafe Rio! ooohh, can't forget the Tres Leches! Yumm! :) and the boys had some leftover cupcakes that he got from work. :) We had a very fun time with Dad, and are so grateful that he is here!

For his card I decided to make him something special in my trial version of Photoshop Elements (I have photoshop on the laptop, but it is so slow that I decided to try out the free 30-day trial on the Mac to see if I can whip out some digital scrapbooking stuff that I want to try. :) It is SO much Fun! I love it!! I am such an Adobe fan!


Anyway, here is our list (the boys helped) of "30 Things we Love About Dad!"

neil 30 bday_edited-2

In case I ever forget some of these references, "Hot Water" is what Hunter calls Hot Chocolate. #19 - Hunter ALWAYS talks about how he is growing tall and that he wants to be TALL like Daddy. It's really cute. #23. Neil ALWAYS stays in their room at night for an hour or more sometimes until they are both asleep. He's pretty amazing. To go along with that, #5. He has been reading them a daily bed time story for quite a while now too. #7 & 8. Ever since I was on bed rest with Mabel Neil has done the majority of the cooking and is always washing the dishes. I am definitely grateful for that! #21. Everyone always falls asleep on Dad. Hunter not so much anymore, but as a baby it was a daily occurance. If there is a movie on, everyone is laying with Dad. :) #27. What??? I asked Hunter what he loves about Daddy and that is what he said, and then he gave a silly laugh like he just told a joke. What a funny boy. When Neil read #26 he was like, "What? That I was born???". Uh, Yea! ;)


and some fun pictures of the family on this special day!

IMG_3451
enjoying their cupcakes


IMG_3457
he would NOT smile... but finally we got this out of him. goofy.


IMG_3449
My handsome Man! :)


We took some video of blowing out the candles (I just put them on the cupcakes) :), but movies take so long that I don't even want to try. ;) Maybe later. ?.

Anyway,

Happy Birthday!!!
We sure love you!!

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. :)