Thursday, March 31, 2011

Unexpected Update

Well, yesterday changed my life for the next three weeks. I guess I should say that Sunday, Monday and Tuesday did it, but yesterday I got the orders... I am on modified bed rest. :( (I was having too many contractions too consistently - 4 min apart for about the hour that I timed them. She said it was an irritated(?) uterus or something.)

I guess that is better than complete bed rest, as I can still get up and do the basics. But no cleaning, no lifting or carrying children, basically no going anywhere, no exercising (which I didn't really do much of anyway) :) no doing dishes or laundry, etc etc. Some of it I don't mind. It's kind of nice to not have to clean... except when there is cereal all over the floor. It's not like I can just leave it there to get trampled into a million pieces. I am pretty much going to go insane not being able to do anything for three weeks. I guess I can still sit at the sewing machine though?! :)

Poor Jackson is having the hardest time with this. He's sick, which just by itself isn't good. But that also means he's extra needy and extra cuddly, and more than ever wants to be picked up ALL the time - which I can't do, and cries at everything! Poor guy. Yesterday I thought his temperature was gone and that he was feeling better, so after dinner I was trying to get him to go upstairs and he was having the hardest time ever! He was so miserable, and I thought he was just being whinny. Well, we got upstairs and his temperature was 103.3. Oops. Poor guy. That sure made me feel bad. But then I can't pick him up anyway. What am I to do?!?

Anyone have any tricks or secrets?!?! I'm worried that I'm going to push myself too far with the little lee-way that I do have with doing things. I guess I'll have to excercise some good self restraint and make myself be lazy. huh?! And the worst part about it all... the weather is BEAUTIFUL outside. Wish I could be out there running around with the boys!

Here is a super cute picture of the boys yesterday after dinner (Well, a couple. Hunter wouldn't let me take his picture). We got them ready for bed and they laid on our bed for a little while. Jackson was so exhausted he would roll over and try to pass out. Cute sick boy.



Diane

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Hope Jackson is feeling better now and I hope you get the rest you need! Hang in there!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. :)