For Family Home Evening (FHE) tonight we watched a really great video for the family on what to do if we see pornography ( https://youtu.be/_x_ijWnjcOY). After watching I shared it on Facebook and Instagram, because it is that good.
As I watched it I really felt the Spirit, and Neil said he did too. Later as I was sewing I thought about how I shared the video, and that I hope that other people feel the Spirit too as they watch it.
Then randomly I thought about how that would give the Holy Ghost a lot more work to do, if everyone was watching it and feeling the Spirit.
But then I realized, that is what He wants! That is what Heavenly Father wants! To work overtime!!! He wants us to pray and communicate with Him! They want to help us, they want to serve us, they want to testify truth to us, to teach us, guide us, show us the way. Protect us, comfort us, bring us peace, and strength, and love!!
They LOVE their job!! Heavenly Heather LOVES being a father and doing His job!!
On Sunday the relief society lesson was on "Beware of Pride". Katrina's mom commented that as house wives, when we feel our job of cleaning, caring for kids, and all that mom stuff, is a burden and drudgery and we feel like we deserve help, or whatever. That that is a form of pride. This is what Heavenly Father wants us to do, and despite the mundane tasks we do, we can find joy in it.
Putting these two thoughts together, and how I often try to learn how to be a better person, or learn how to be a better parent through analyzing what I learn about my Heavenly Father, I realized that perhaps I should learn to love working overtime for my own children. That as He is always there for us, and willing to listen and help, I can be that way too!
I'm pretty sure at night when we stay up too late, or can't fall asleep, He doesn't yell at us to stay in bed!
He doesn't shoo us away when He is busy, which I'm sure He always is.
Nope, He waits for us. He listens to us. He communicates with us. He loves us! And He's never too anything to not be there for us when we need Him.
I'm so grateful for that! So grateful that He perfectly loves us, and shows us the way!!!
I hope that one day I'll get it right, and I will be a better parent and a better person!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. :)