Neil tells me all the time how much he loves it here. "We will never live in snow again!" Words that I hope don't come true. While I do not miss Iowa winters at. all. I can't help but dream and reminisice about those "warm" Logan nights, go on walks while the snow falls and silents all sounds except the crunching of your boots on the snow covered streets. Or the clear starry nights up the canyon, cross country skiing back into the woods to find a camping spot. I miss camping in the snow. I miss skiing. I miss drinking hot chocolate because I'm freezing. Anyway, I'm sure you are all rolling your eyes. "What are you talking about?! You are in warm, 80 degree Florida, in December!" Well, Neil doesn't want to hear me talk about snow (he doesn't even remember what it is. All memories of that white fluffy cold stuff has officially been blocked from his mind. haha.) So here I am, sobbing to cyber space... I told the boys that one year we'll fly back to Utah for Christmas break and go skiing. Jackson promptly turned to Neil and told him, "But we have to go as a family." Ha! Take that. I love that kid. :)
Ok, so enough of that. To help me cope and make winter a bit more enjoyable without the snow, here are a few beach pictures. Wait, what am I talking about? I LOVE that we just went swimming in the ocean in December. December people!! I love the Atlantic! :)
Maybe these will help warm you up! :)
Pretty sure this one will be our Christmas card picture. :)
Sitting up!!
I love our van. You can fold the back seats down and sit in them out of the trunk of the car. We left the one side up so Tommy could hang out in there. He loved it! :)
He's getting so big! He already scoots everywhere on his belly, but he's been getting up on his hands a knees a lot more lately.
Down on the beach!
Mabel doesn't like to go in the water, so we build her her own little pool to play in. We all enjoy it!
and then he crawled up on his knees and was hanging out the back. I guess we won't put him back there anymore.
We went to the beach the weekend before thanksgiving as well. It was perfect! We also went swimming at the pool last week, and a few weeks earlier. We all love the water! (except Mabel) and I think we'll all survive quite nicely. :)
Otherwise, Florida is good. We've made some good friends, Hunter is enjoying school, Neil is enjoying his job. Our ward is great. Our neighbors are nice. Hopefully everything keeps on the up and up and we can stay for a while. :)
















1 comment:
I love all the pictures of the beautiful kiddos on the beach. Including the 2 big ones. Hee hee! Keep 'em coming. I love you all.
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. :)