Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Happy Birthday!!! {Updated with video}

{I'll have a post up to introduce Mabel super soon - hopefully tomorrow}
{Remember I just had a baby a week ago, so don't pay attention to the ghetto wrapping jobs or the fact that the "cake" is on the stove... or whatever else is totally ghetto about this post. ;) It totally beats last year, so I say it was a success. :) }


Today is Hunter's Birthday! 

Happy Birthday little guy! 
(Yup, Neil buzzed his head on Saturday while I was sleeping. I miss his cute hair. - but he's still cute, so it's ok. :)  )



I honestly can't believe he's already three! Though sometimes I think he seems older. We sure do love you!! I can't image our family without him.

He had such a great day today! Aunt Stacey invited him and Jackson over to play in the morning, and they did one of Hunter's top favorite things: Play with trains! Thanks Stacey!!!

Then we went to the doctors, which Hunter also enjoys, though with a double visit of him and Mabel, it took a long time, and I was glad when we were done. :) Then they came home and napped, and then we had dinner and cupcakes and chocolate milk and strawberries! :) Hunter LOVES strawberries. When I asked Hunter the other day what kind of cake he wanted, he said, "Green." Ok. I ended up doing the party cake with the candy chip things in it, along with the coolwhip-pudding frosting that is from my pineapple cake recipe - Yum! and then I wrote "Happy Birthday Hunter!!" on them in green frosting. I was going to put food coloring in the main frosting, but decided not to.

Ok, actually, we opened presents before we had cake. When I asked Hunter what he wanted his present to be, he said, "Green." I don't know what he's got going with this green thing, but it's cool. It makes me laugh. So I picked up some green hot wheels for him at the store, and then Neil picked up a kick ball and a sweet remote control car on his way home from work. He took over an hour looking at all the toys before he finally decided what to get. ;) He loves looking at toys with Hunter, and I guess by himself too. ;) Hunter is already getting pretty good at the remote control, and so is Jackson. I love that he is so willing to share his toys and let Jackson play with them too. It sure makes birthdays fun. :)


Here is Hunter with his intense smile. ;)


...and the cupcakes
 


...and some video

Opening Presents



"Happy Birthday!" LaLaLa



Yummy cake. :)





Happy Birthday little, or should I say Big, Guy! :)




Diane

4 comments:

Jordy and Paiger said...

Oh how fun!
I was laughing so hard at how Jackson was eating his cupcake. He seems so fun!
Mabel is darling! Happy Birthday Hunter!

Just Us! said...

Great video of the boys and even a glimpse of Mable. Can't wait to meet her!!!

alisha said...

Happy Birthday Hunter!

I totally laughed out loud when I saw the pic of your ghetto wrapping. Then at Hunter's grin as you started singing to him - and then how his grin faded and he looked at Neil like he was crazy when he burst out in Opera version.

Fun times!

Kristin said...

I can't believe he is three! He is so funny "Happy Day!" Cute kiddos!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. :)