Saturday, January 29, 2011

Someone came to visit and is still here...

...unfortunately that visitor is the sick bug. Yup. This is a record winter for disease at our house. I don't know why. We wash our hands ALL the time, we don't play in the garbage, I throw all of our tissues away all the time... but that bug just won't leave. This week it was a stomach virus. Hunter had it first (since Saturday) but I think he's over it now. And now Jackson is getting the worst of it! ug. Their poor bums. ;) It has been miserable. (But that sentence makes me smile, thus the smiley face.)

Colds, colds, colds, runny noses, more colds, stomach viruses, morning sickness (for me, not for them), coughs and more colds. The story of our lives. Neil wears the lucky pants and doesn't ever get sick, which is good. And on top of all of this, I think I'm hitting my third trimester tiredness.... that and I already feel like I need to walker to hold up my belly already, and I still have months to go. What a life. :)

On another note, the boys are getting SO big! Every day I am amazed at the things they say and do. :) I love it! We finally bought Jacks a new car seat so once we get a part next week he'll be able to sit forward finally. I think he's going to love it!! Hunter is getting smarter every day. His vocab is growing and he's starting to talk a lot clearer (sometimes), and he's so funny. :)


So, here are some long overdue pictures for the fam: :)

Hunter still loves his train set! Here are a couple we took of some of the better tracks that we like. :) We have had to outlaw Jackson though, he likes to destroy it! He is a great help when it's time to put it away though! :) We have fun.

Jackson's face in this one makes me laugh. He is a clown!

 We finally decided to cancel our storage unit. While we were going through some of the smaller baby clothes Neil found this outfit that he turned into Hunter's "wrestling" outfit! It was a hoot. :) (We did end up donating it anyway.) Here's a little video clip. I think Hunter really did like it, but was kind of bashful about it. 


Dressing him up like this reminded me of a picture of me when my brothers dressed me up when I was little. I'll have to find the picture and scan it in. :)


another one of Hunter showing off his train. Definitely a favorite toy.

Check out that smile! He never smiles like that for pictures! I was trying to take a picture of the fabric behind him when he snuck in! :)

And of course if I take a picture of Hunter I have to take one of Jackson. :) I can't wait to get rid of that binky. Is it weird that he still only has his front 8 teeth?? I've been waiting for at least a month for all of his molars break through... his gums are so swollen and big! If he wasn't teething I think I wouldn't be so sympathetic and would have taken that binky away a long time ago! (I am such a sucker for him. But he just seems so little and young still, and he knows I feel that way and totally milks it out of me! I can't believe Hunter was this age when he was born!)


And a little more entertainment: a week or so ago we went to the airport to pick up my mom. We were early and her flight was delayed, so we sat in the park and wait lot until she finally got in. We had a blast! The boys loved playing in the front of the car. And just across a little road from us they were working on a different road and the boys spent a long time watching the trucks dig and pour rocks and all that fun stuff. We lucked out! :) I love how Jackson drives the car. They are so funny, and such definite boys!

2 comments:

alisha said...

Cute boys. I love Jackson's curls. Watch out - soon they'll be putting coins in your CD player, and won't be allowed in the front seat any longer.

Kristin said...

Wow, they are getting big! I love their eyes. Such a pretty color of blue. Can't wait to see what the little girly is gonna look like!

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. :)